Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All work and no play...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

All work and no play... Empty
PostSubject: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:29 am

I stepped off the elevator walked into my outer office and saw Jaycee bent over a filing cabinet. She was so dedicated, even being eight plus months pregnant. She worked so hard, all because that's what I had expected from her when Madeline died and I had to hire a new personal secretary. I hired Jaycee, a friend of Megan's from Columbia. She had majored in Business as an administrative assistant and Megan gave her her highest recommendations, so I hired her... How she and I got to where we were now... Well, it's all ancient history now. Walking over to her, I slipped my arms around her, kissing her shoulder, rubbing her stomach. "How are my babies doing this morning?" I asked her, holding her close to me. I loved holding her in my arms. I didn't know what I'd do not going a day without her in my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:58 am

I tried not to yawn as I put some files away but it hit me anyways. I was always so tired these days. Sometimes I wondered how I even got myself out of bed. I smiled, feeling arms wrap around me. It didn't startle me in the slightest, I knew who it was even before he spoke. "We're good. Tired but good." I looked over my shoulder at him. "We wonder how your doing?" I smiled, placing my hand on his over my stomach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:03 am

I inhaled her into my senses. "I didn't get much sleep last night. I've been doing a lot of thinking." I stood up, pushing the file cabinet shut and wrapping my arm around her to walk her over to the couch. "Come sit." I helped her sit down before sitting behind her, letting her rest against me. "I had breakfast with Megan yesterday. I ... let it slip about what's going on between us... and about the baby."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:12 am

"Oh, you did?" I asked, leaning back some on the couch, taking one of his hands in mine. I let my fingers brush over the knuckles and looked back up at him. "What'd she say?" I would hate to upset his family. That's why we had mostly kept us a secret. That and my husband. But since I was getting a divorce his feelings didn't matter anymore. However his family's did matter and I'd never want to hurt any of them. Not when I knew how much Jackie adored each and every one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:15 am

I inhaled deeply, resting my head against the side of hers. I wasn't going to tell her what Megan said. It was half the reason I hadn't slept much last night. "She was actually quite happy for us. For you, mostly. She thought the baby was Randy's all along, and she always felt bad that your baby wasn't going to grow up with their parents. I'm sure she's told you that." I inhaled. "But she's excited that now the baby still will have both of his or her parents."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:21 am

"I..." I took in a deep breath. "Does this... mean... we'll tell everyone else? I'm sure she's going to tell Wesley.. but.. do you want to tell anyone else?" I felt like a school girl pushing for her crush to admit he liked me too. "We don't have too. If you don't want too... but.. does Megan believing the baby will have both of us hold some truth?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:24 am

I took a deep breath, slowly nodding my head. I had been thinking about a reason to hold a family dinner tonight, and have Jaycee there, but I couldn't think up a reasonable excuse. That would be perfect. "Actually, I was thinking we could have a family dinner tonight and tell everyone. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:29 am

"Really?" I asked, my smile slowly turning brighter by the second. "You really want to tell them? You don't have to tell them just because you think this is what I want. I'm fine with us being a secret... are you sure?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:32 am

"I've done a lot of thinking since Megan raked me over the coals for keeping it a secret this long. You know, she's always been my Jiminey Cricket." I laughed, shaking my head. "But, no. She's right. A child should have both of his parents. Not just one and the other part time or even in secret. No more secrets." I kissed the side of her head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:11 pm

"So you want to tell the world about us because of the baby only?" I frowned slightly. "Well, at least you want to tell." I smiled for him, it was weak but it was a smile. I kissed his lips and used his knee to push myself up off the couch. "I should get back to work." I rubbed the spot on my back that always ached and walked over toward the filing cabinet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:23 pm

I stood up, shaking my head, not understanding what just happened there. "Did I just miss something? I want everyone to know that we're together. What turn did I miss here?" Crossing my hands in front of me, pointing one in each direction. I was confused to say the least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:32 pm

I turned to look at him, my face sad. "You just said you wanted to tell them about us because of the baby.." I rubbed a hand over my swollen stomach. "And I'm happy for that... but you never said you wanted to tell them because you wanted to be with me... if there wasn't a baby you wouldn't tell them... this is about the baby. Not me." I shrugged. "Ignore me. It's just my emotions going crazy because of the baby. Did you want some coffee? I can go make you some?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 pm

I stood in front of her, placing my hands on her arms, bracing her in front of me. "Jaycee, I want to be with you. I want my boys to know we're together. All I'm saying is, I want us to be happy, and if we keep this secret from my family, then we're never going to be happy. You can't move in with me, like I want, we can't be a family, like I want."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:42 pm

I turned my eyes up to his, feeling tears burn at them. "You mean that? You want me and the baby? You want us to be part of your family?" I brushed a tear away. "Stupid hormones." I sniffled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:51 pm

I kissed her forehead, pulling back and smiling brightly, nodding my head exuberantly. "Yes, baby. I want both of you. I want you to be a part of my family. I want you in my life, and I want my family to know I love you and want you in my life!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:57 pm

I smiled brightly, wrapping my arms around his neck, kissing him deeply, showing him how happy I was. I felt the baby kicking and smiled against his lips. "The baby's just as happy as me." I whispered before kissing him deeply again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:06 pm

I smiled as I kissed her, pulling her as close to me as I could. I loved how strong our baby was. He was going to be as strong as his brothers. I knew it. Pulling back, I tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, rubbing her stomach softly. "I want you to take it easy today. I'm going to take the afternoon off so I can get things ready for tonight. I want you to go buy yourself a new dress. I'm going to spend my lunch time with Megan, but if you want to invite her to help you find a dress for tonight, I'd like you to. I don't want you out in that rat race all by yourself. I know how crazy women can get when they're shopping. Just want you and our little one to be safe." I leaned down, pressing my lips to her stomach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:08 pm

I smiled softly, curling my fingers lightly in his hair. "I'd love that. I'll give Megan a call later." I kissed his forehead and sat up straight. "I guess I'll head home for a quick nap and then head out shopping if your taking the day off. What time should I be there?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:39 pm

I stood, looking down into her eyes. "Seven." She was the guest of honor, so I'd tell everyone else to be there at 6:45 or around there. I was going to have her favorite food catered in. Everything was going to be perfect. "Just take it easy for a while. If you want, take the whole day of. Rest. Relax. I can call Joan down at Eden and get you a spa package for the day, if you'd like? What do you say?"

(click on Eden for more information)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 pm

"I say that sounds wonderful. Can I go home and sleep just a bit and then head over there? Megan can come with me too if she has time?" I shrugged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 pm

I nodded my head. "I don't mind if Megan goes with you. You go home and I'll give her a call before I call Joan. I'll make sure you get the works. Salon services as well." I ran my fingers through her hair, smiling at her softly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:42 pm

"Thank you." I leaned up, giving him a kiss. "I'll expect you to take this out of my paycheck? Because honestly there's no reason for you to pay for this." I meant that. I didn't want him to pay for things for me. Not when i could do it myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:51 pm

I shook my head. "I most definitely will not." Smiling back at her. "This is a gift. From me to you. Just relax. Don't think about a thing. I just want you to relax and not worry about anything. Can you do that for me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:53 pm

"You drive such a hard bargain." I said, wrinkling my nose up at him. "But I guess I can try extra hard for you. I love you, Jackie." I leaned up, kissing him. "I'll see you tonight." I touched his face, grabbed my jacket and walked out the door, flashing him a bright smile before I was gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:57 pm

I smiled, leaning against her desk. She was so beautiful. I still couldn't believe I was going to do this tonight. She had no idea. No one did. Megan would at lunch time, but no one knew what I had on my mind tonight. She was going to be surprised. Everyone was. And honestly, no one was going to be more surprised than me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All work and no play...   All work and no play... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All work and no play...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Back 2 Good-
Jump to: