Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Birthday, Abigail!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Happy Birthday, Abigail! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 am

I couldn't believe I let Binx talk me in to this. It was her who wanted to protect Abigail, that's why she called me out here, and here she was wanting to throw a huge birthday bash for Abigail and all their friends. I didn't really think all these people were friends, really. I was sure it was all just for appearances. Money never meant friends. Abigail was in the bedroom of the suit getting ready. I stood beside the door, watching all the people who were here mingling and waiting for Abigail to make her appearance. I wasn't going to let her out of my sight once she comes out of the room. I had checked the room thoroughly before she went in there, and I was going to stay on her all night long. Nothing was going to pull Abigail out of my sight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:30 am

After getting dressed I found myself sitting on the bedroom floor in front of the mirror, tears rolling down my cheeks. I was always strong. I couldn't afford to be weak, but when I put my red cocktail dress on, I found myself staring long and hard and before I knew it I was on the floor in tears, my curls a mess around my damp cheeks. I missed Jeff. All the time... but sometimes the pain hit me like a ton of bricks and I couldn't control it. He always told me he loved me in red and... now I was on the floor in a heap crying because the damn color red set me off. So many things did. Lucas smiling.. the way he was just like his father... the smell of roses... all of it. It hit me and I was always on the floor like this. I didn't even want to go out to my party. I just wanted to stay here and remember my husband. My ex husband... my dead husband. Jeff was dead. At least the one I had loved.. he was gone. And for just a second I wanted to be weak and let go.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:37 am

I walked up to the door, where Jackson was standing, smiling up at him. "Hey, she ready?" He shook his head, saying he had no idea. I smiled, patting his shoulder and walking past him into the room, shutting the door behind me. I smoothed down my black dress over my thighs, looking around the room. "A?" I saw her on the floor in front of the mirror, crying softly. I wanted to cry myself. I didn't know why she was crying, but every time she cried, I felt my heart pull. I knelt down on the floor, and swallowed hard. Not only was I upset because she was... I was scared that this time something had happened to her. I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her to me. "A, are you alright? What is it?"
Back to top Go down
https://wherewewere.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:40 am

"I picked the wrong dress. I picked the wrong stupid dress!" I mumbled, biting at my lip. "I shouldn't have picked red. I was such an idiot.." I wiped at my face. "Jeff loved red. Jeff loved me. And he's dead and I stupidly wore red." I sighed. "I'll be okay. Just give me a second."
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:44 am

I kissed the side of her head, holding her to me. "A... if you want to cry, just cry." I tried to lighten the mood, just a little, "What's the name of that song? It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To. It's your party, you go ahead and cry, honey."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:54 am

I laughed slightly, wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand. "You are really the only person in my life I can forever count on, you know that, right?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:55 am

I smiled softly, hugging her against me. "That's why I'm here. You're my sister. I know you're the only person I can always count on, so I want to be that person for you as well." I shook my head softly. "There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:00 am

"I know. And there's nothing I wouldn't do for you.." I smiled slightly. "I guess it's probably time to head out to the party, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 am

I nodded, wiping at her tears softly with the pads of my thumbs. "Only if you're ready. This is your party. You can't be late to your own party."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:04 am

"I'm okay. I let myself cry like a baby and I feel better. I just have to get use to the fact that Jeff doesn't love me or our son anymore." I smiled. "Does my makeup look bad?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:06 am

I smiled, shaking my head. "You're beautiful," I told her, holding onto the dresser and pulling myself up before offering her my hand. "Let's go make your entrance."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:09 am

"Okay," I took her hand, holding it tight and pulling myself up with her help. I hugged her mostly because I needed one and pulled away. "Okay, let's go face the party guests.." I smiled, walking with her to the door.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 am

I walked with A toward the door, giving her a soft squeeze before opening the door and letting her walk out ahead of me. I stood back by J so she could have her entrance. It was her birthday. Jackson however didn't stay back too far. He gave her no more than ten feet before following after her. I rolled my eyes and followed as well, walking along beside him. "You could let her have a little fun, cuz. Nothing's going to happen to her while you're ten feet away."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:30 am

I glanced briefly down at my cousin. "You asked me here to protect her, Binx." Shaking my head, I turned my attention back to Abigail. "I'm not going to be lax just because it's her birthday party. It's situations like this, events like this that I should be even more dedicated." I noticed someone standing against the wall, eyeing Bianca closely. As soon as I looked over at him, he switched his gaze to Abigail. Taking a step back, I lowered my voice even more than it was an asked Bianca, "Who's that?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:34 am

I noticed who Jackson was looking at, turning my head away quickly. My heart rate had picked up, and I was sure I was breathing too heavily, but I tried to stay calm, at least visibly. "That's Dante... A's and my brother." He was much more than my brother, but to everyone in the world, that's all he ever could be to me, that's all he ever would be to me. "I was sure he wouldn't come. I didn't even invite him."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:41 am

I looked over closer at him. I knew him. Or rather I knew his celebrity persona. Neither Binx nor Abigail talked much about him. I knew about him from the few letters Bianca had sent me while I was in Afghanistan. But it didn't matter that he was their brother, everyone had to be watched closely, and I wasn't going to let him out of my sight.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:44 am

"Dante's harmless, J!" I told him, reaching out and grabbing his arm. I had seen the look he gave him, clutching onto my cousin's arm tightly. "He would never hurt A, no more than he would hurt me." He turned his head to look at me closely. "Dante's family." And he was, in more ways than one. I knew he had his issues, but he was family. He loved A as much as I did. He would never hurt her. That I knew for sure, just as I knew I wouldn't hurt A. I knew it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:24 pm

I wasn't going to come to Abby's birthday party, in fact, I had pretty much talked myself out of it, especially since I hadn't done drugs at all today and my body was shaking like a leaf, but I decided to drag myself in the shower and go anyways, for Abby.. and for Bianca. Not that I would admit I was going for either of them. Abby had invited me. I'm sure she thought I wouldn't come and I wanted to prove her wrong, just this once. I was looking out for both of the girls when I spotted Bianca first, standing near some guy. God she was beautiful. She always had been. When I caught site of her date looking at me I turned my gaze to my sister, deciding it was better not to stare too long. Not when it was obvious she was moving on. Why she still came to my apartment was beyond me.

I moved from my spot on the wall and walked over to my sister. "Hey, sis." She smiled, it was faint, but it was there before she tossed her arms around me and hugged me tight. I hugged her just as tight back. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen my sister.. or touched her. She looked different. Her eyes were more worn out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:29 pm

The word hello came almost painful to say after the fifth time of saying it. I didn't want to be at this party. In fact, I'd much rather curl up in bed with B, Tammy and Lucas but I was stuck. I had to put on a fake smile and make everyone believe I was having the time of my life. I was just about to greet another guest when I saw Dante heading my way. I had invited him but I hadn't expected him to be here. I hadn't seen my brother since after Jeff's accident... he had lost his best friend and after that he got so heavily into drugs he couldn't see straight and then he left B and Tamara... and ran off to God know's where.. but I still loved him.

And seeing him, seeing how sick he looked, he was so skinny, I felt my heart hurt. I reached out and hugged him till I couldn't breathe anymore. I pulled away, trying to hold the tears back. "You came?" He smiled, brushing a finger over my cheek. "No where else I'd be." He smiled down at me and I hugged him again. I knew he was looking back at B because his entire body tensed. "That's her cousin Jackson. He's my new bodyguard. Don't worry." I whispered, feeling him relax slightly against my touch. "I wasn't worried." I knew he was but left it alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 pm

I nodded over at my cousin, but keeping my eyes on Dante. "I think I should take some time and get to know Dante." Of course, I knew him as DC, but beyond that I really didn't know anything. B hadn't talked about him much. Abigail didn't. So I was going to have to find out what I could about him on my own, and the best way to do that was to go over and speak to him.

"You keep a close eye on Abigail. I am going to go talk to your brother." Bianca nodded and I walked away from her. Coming up to Abigail and her brother, I placed my hand on her back. "Abigail, if you would excuse me, I need some time alone with your brother here." I nodded over at Dante and held up my hand to him, so we could step away from the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Just seeing Dante as weak and as frail as he was hurt me more than I could describe. It was good I didn't have to tell anyone how seeing him made me feel. A knew that I was still in love with him, I'm sure she did, just as I knew she was still in love with Freddie, but we each had to move on from the loves of our lives and live our lives with what we had been given.

I was glad I had A and Tammy and Lucas and God to get me through the days. Gathering up every ounce of strength I had, I walked over to the refreshment stand to get A and me something to drink to give Jackson enough time to pull Dante away. I couldn't be close to him. Not right now. Not when all I wanted to do was pull him into my arms and never let go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:37 pm

I begged Dante with my eyes to not let that ass take our time away but he walked away, doing just as the prick asked. As if he had any right to grill my brother. He had no right. He had no right to screen every single fucking person I came in contact with. When they were out of site I let out a low growl that rumbled my chest. I was that angry. "Hors d'oeuvre, ma'am?" The waiter asked, sliding the plate in my face. I glared at it, my eyes burning at the bacon waterchest nut wrap. "I said no nuts." My hands trembled at my sides. My sister was allergic to nuts and that bastards had fucking nuts! I knew my anger was mostly at Jackson but God damn everyone for trying to ruin my already shitty day. "I said no FUCKING NUTS!" I yelled it, knocking the tray out of his hands. "Clean that up and get you and your boss the fuck out of my fucking hotel room!" All the guests gawked at me but I didn't untense at all. In fact I looked even more evil than before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:40 pm

"Sure..." I said, thanking God for the tiny distraction, especially given I could see Bianca from here. If I could get away and get some cool air, fresh air, I'd feel tons better. "I'll be back, sis." I kissed her cheek and followed the man, the bodyguard... Bianca's cousin. "Balcony. I need air." I told him, following him over to it. I stepped out on the balcony with him, enjoying the cold fresh crisp air. "What was it you wanted?" I asked, cutting to the point. Not wanting to chit chat or do small talk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:33 pm

I looked back in hearing Abigail scream at someone to clean up something. I didn't know what it was, but I knew it wasn't life threatening. She sounded pissed, not scared or threatened. I turned back to Dante, letting go of a sigh. "Your sister is quite a handful." But I was sure he knew that. I crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm not sure if Abigail or Bianca have told you, but I'm Abigail's new bodyguard. Bianca called me in. I just wanted to talk to you, get to know you better, better than what the public knows about you." I eyed him closely, wondering why he was fidgeting so much. "Are you alright, Dante?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:34 pm

I turned to take the glasses over to A once I knew Dante was far enough away when I saw her knock the tray out of the waiter's hands. I blinked, inhaling deeply. I was sure the way I was feeling was just because Dante was here, not because there was nuts here. I sat the glasses down and walked over to her. "A, it's ok. I'm sure they didn't mean to..." I didn't want anything to happen here on Abigail's birthday. If I had to get my EpiPen, then I'd have to be taken to the hospital, and I really didn't want that. This was A's birthday, and I didn't want to ruin it by getting sick. "I need," I swallwed, trying to breathe, "... air... air..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday, Abigail!   Happy Birthday, Abigail! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, Abigail!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Superstars-
Jump to: