Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How can this even happen?!??!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How can this even happen?!??! Empty
PostSubject: How can this even happen?!??!   How can this even happen?!??! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:55 pm

I shifted the bag of groceries from one arm to the other as I tugged my keys out of my pocket to unlock the door. "Stupid smelly head!" Jenna piped up, shoving at her brother as he tried to stick his muddy finger on her dress. He knew how much dirt bothered her, he knew it and yet was still trying to touch her with his icky fingers, mostly just to drive her insane. As any older brother would. Sure, he was only a few minutes older, but still.

"Jacob, leave your sister alone!" I got the door unlocked, letting the kids run past me inside. "Walk up those stairs!" I yelled after them as I tugged the mail out of the mail box and kicked the door shut behind me. I walked into the kitchen, setting the groceries down and tugging my jacket off. I set it on the hook in the hallway and walked over to the basket by the front door for bills. I dropped my keys in the basket next to it and started looking through my mail.

"Bill, Bill, Bill.. not bill." I said coming to the last envelope. I dropped the others in the bill basket and opened the envelope from the hospital. I couldn't even remember the last time any of us had been to the hospital and I had insurance so I wasn't even sure what the thing was. I read it over, not once, not twice, but three times and I was still staring at it like it was a dream. My heart always felt like something was off after Jacob was born... but I just put it to baby blues and forgot about it. I never for a second even.. "Oh, God.." I grabbed my chest, turning my watery eyes to Dante just as he walked through the front door.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can this even happen?!??!   How can this even happen?!??! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 pm

It had been a pure day from hell. A major pile up on the interstate had put the entire hospital busy for hours, I couldn't even remember the last time I sat down. But since things were slowing down and most of the patients were stable I decided to head home to have dinner with my family and maybe crawl in bed with my wife and sleep. I was sure she had been just as busy as I before she headed out around 2. The kids had kept her busy, plus she had her job, so I was sure she'd be more than willing to nap.

However when I walked in the front door and saw tears in her eyes, and the pure pain plastered on her face I knew something was wrong and the nap dashed from my brain. "What's wrong, honey?" I asked, setting my briefcase down and shutting the front door. "The kids? You? Is someone hurt?" She simply shook her head. I came over to her, grabbing her face, brushing my fingers over her cheeks, brushing at the fresh tears there. "Tell me.. what's wrong?" She bit her lip, which I knew meant she was trying really hard to stop herself from crying.

"Jake..he...Jake... he..." My heart felt funny. "What? What about Jacob??" She leaned her forehead forward and I released her head, letting it rest against my chest as I wrapped her in a tight hug. "Oh, honey, it's okay. Whatever it is we'll beat it. Just like everything else. You just gotta tell me." I kissed the top of her head, my hand moving up and down her back in a soothing manner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can this even happen?!??!   How can this even happen?!??! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:17 pm

I pulled back because I knew if he kept holding me all I'd do is cry like a baby. "You know the hospital we had the babies at?" He nodded. "Buffalo General, the one I almost took my internship at." I nodded, wiping at my nose, sniffling slightly. "Well, they sent me a note... and..." I handed him the note. "They say that... Jacob, he's not our son. Biologically. That there was some mix up with that couple Bianca and Jackson Frost. That their son is the baby boy we took home and they took our baby back to Oregon."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can this even happen?!??!   How can this even happen?!??! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:30 pm

I stared at the piece of paper forever, my eyes blurring with tears. I had a son... I had a little boy out there. He had no idea who I was. I never saw him ride a bike for the first time, never saw him take his first steps, or ween off the bottle, or give him a bath... or clap when he finally went potty on the toilet. I didn't get any of that. All I had was a name. Davis. Davis Frost. He didn't even have my last name. He had some stranger, a stranger raising my boy. My flesh and blood. I heard feet above us and snapped my eyes up to it, as if I could see Jake. As if he was right in front of me. How could I possibly ever give up that boy? Especially when I was here for all the moments I should have been there for Davis. Jacob was my son. He was. And I loved him as much as I loved his sister and mother... but how could I possibly forget that my son was out there? I sighed, closing my eyes, my head lowering. "I.. wish they had never told me any of this. Because now I cant forget it... and I can't just turn away and not raise my son." I admitted, opening my eyes and staring down in Abby's. "What... and... what... give our son up? Just switch back and forget five years of a perfect life with that amazing little boy upstairs?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can this even happen?!??!   How can this even happen?!??! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:41 pm

"I didn't say that!" Dante snapped at me, his eyes bright with anger. "Yes you did, you basically said that, because if we... if we go after our son. The child we don't even know the other family will surely come after Jacob!" I truthfully wanted to know my son. My biological son. I did. Honestly. But not at the expense of losing Jake. At losing Jenna's best friend. My baby boy. That fear was gripping hard at my heart and making it hard to breathe.

"You don't know that!" I folded my arms over my chest. "And what exactly do you think they'll do? Just waltz away while we keep both boys? How is that even fair to Davis? To be snatched away from his parents? Parents who love him? How is it fair to Jacob if they do the same?" He didn't get the chance to answer me before his phone rang.

"Don't you dare answer that, Dante!" He sighed, reaching in his pocket and tugging his phone out. "It could be work!" I glared at him, tears bubbling in my eyes. "I don't care! Don't you dare answer that!" He sighed, flipping his phone open. "I have too." He pressed send and answered. "You're such a bastard." I turned my back to him and walked off to the kitchen, cursing under my breath the entire way. Once again work came before us. I decided to put the groceries away and make dinner because if I didn't I'd fall apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can this even happen?!??!   How can this even happen?!??! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:31 pm

I hung up the phone, my head falling back as I let out a slow breath. I had no idea what we'd do. How all this would work out but I'd start fixing the mess by at least apologizing to my wife for being an ass and answering the phone during an important conversation. I stuffed my phone away, coming to the doorway of the kitchen and watching as she stirred whatever was boiling. She always did look really cute in that pink apron of hers.

I smiled, walked over and wrapped my arms around her from behind. I kissed the side of her neck. She was tensed up but I knew it was only because she was mad at me. She wasn't pushing me away so that was a good sign. "I'm sorry, I really am. I shouldn't have answered the phone. But I'm glad I did." She turned to me, narrowing her eyes in on me. "Why because work is that important?" I shook my head. "It wasn't work. It was Mr. Frost. He wants to meet tomorrow. Him and his wife and Davis are coming here and staying in the guest house." Her eyes flashed with anger before she turned her back to me. "I can't believe you didn't even ask me!" My shoulders slumped as I sighed. "I'm sorry." She shook her head. "Don't be sorry. Just go get the kids for dinner, please." I turned and headed upstairs to get the kids so we could all have dinner and pretend nothing at all was wrong when in reality everything was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can this even happen?!??!   How can this even happen?!??! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can this even happen?!??!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Switch-
Jump to: