Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inoperable... please!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Inoperable... please! Empty
PostSubject: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:35 am

I had been studying one of my patients cases for hours. Abigail had brought me a sandwich and some coffee before disappearing outside to garden but I hadn't even touched the food. I was too focused on the case. He had a non operable tumor. At least most doctors consider it that but I knew I could figure out a safe way to get it out so he could see his daughter's graduation someday. But it wasn't coming to me. I tugged my glasses off, rubbing my eyes and leaning my head against the leather desk chair. I was exhausted but I couldn't sleep till this was figured out. Every second counted for this young man. And I was going to sit here till I figured it out and finished it. But I could at least rest my eyes for a second...
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:48 am

I came in through the back door of A and D's house, looking for either one of them. I was sure I was going to have to find Dante, but even if I found A first, she'd tell me where Dante was. But the house was quiet. Jacob and Jenna were at school. I had laid Davis and Mabel down for a nap after the little incident with the toilet. I'd tried to get the dumb action figure out myself, but it was too far down and stuck to boot. I had showered, not wanting to come into A and D's house smelling like toilet. The door to Dante's office was open and the light was on, so I decided to go check in there for him. I walked over and knocked on the door, pushing it open a bit. "Hey, Dante? Do you think you could come help me in the guest house? We've got a Superman drowning in the Metropolis sewers of the toilet."
Back to top Go down
https://wherewewere.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:00 am

I turned my tired eyes to her, cracking a smile, a small chuckle floating across the room. "Is he now? That sounds like a really big problem." I pushed my chair back, grabbing my glasses, putting them on and flipping my office light off. I walked toward the door, following behind her. I couldn't help my wandering eye. After all she was a beautiful woman and standing right in front of me. Of course I'd notice how nice she looked today. "Lead the way, Superwoman..." I smiled, following her out the back door.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:04 am

I turned my head back to him, trying not to blush, but after he just called me Superwoman, how could I not. "Actually, Jackie calls me Wonder Woman, but I'll take a bit of Superness any day." I giggled, walking with him across the back yard toward the guest house. I opened the door and walked in ahead of him. "It's the master bath. I had the twins in there earlier when I was grading some papers the substitute sent to me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:09 am

"Alright," I said quietly so I didn't wake the twins. I went through the bedroom, over to the bathroom and surveyed the toilet, scratching my chin as I did. "I think I might have to get a snake. But let me see if I can try something old fashion first and then if that don't work I'll get the snake." I tugged up my sleeves. "You got wrench? Or have you seen one around here?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:13 am

"Oh, definitely," I said, trying not to giggle. "I carry one around in my handy dandy tool belt! It's invisible, you know. Just like my invisible jet." I couldn't help but giggle now. "I think you have a tool box under the bathroom sink? I'll go get it." I ran out of the room, stopping at the kids' room, silently pulling the door shut, running to the kitchen. I got the box out from under the sink and ran back into the bathroom. "Here it is. Don't know if there's a wrench or whatever in it, but here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 am

"Thank you, handy dandy Mandy." I winked, popping the box open, and finding my wrench. I used it to shut the water off and grabbed the bucket out from under the sink Abby kept in case there was a leak. "I'm going to open the pipe and hope like hell that Superman flies out." I laughed, leaning down and starting to slowly open the drain.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:19 am

"Well," I said, laughing as I wrapped my arms over my breasts. "Let's hope he does, because I'm sure he's running out of oxygen down there." I was pretty sure that Superman didn't need to breathe, or rather he could hold his breath longer than humans. I don't know, really. I mean, Jackie's the Superman fan, not me. Davis preferred Batman, and Superman always seemed to get the short end of the stick most often.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:22 am

I got the pipe undone, stepping back and letting the water dump in the bucket. However, I didn't move fast enough and got some on my shirt. "Crap!" I popped up, tossing my shirt aside. "You got a towel? Please?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:25 am

I froze for a moment, looking him over. Damn! He looked like a Greek God. Swallowing, I turned to the linen cupboard, pulling out a towel. Nothing wrong with looking at him, right? I can appreciate a well-taken-care-of body. "Yeah, here." I really hoped my voice didn't come out as heavy as it sounded to my own ears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:27 am

"Thanks," I said, taking the towel and drying myself off. I opted to keep my shirt off, only because I knew I'd more than likely get wet again. I leaned down, peeking in the pipe and sure enough I could see Mr. Superman. I banged the side of the pipe, bringing it closer to the edge. "Almost there..." I banged again.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:29 am

I turned my eyes from him, focusing on the toilet and not how good he looked without his shirt on. "Come on, Superman! I'm sure Batman could use an ass kicking right about now!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:30 am

"And we scoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" I said, standing up and holding Davis' toy. I grabbed Bianca's hand and set the toy in it. "There you go. A nice new toilet smelling toy just for you!" I laughed.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:32 am

I crinkled my nose up at him, uncontrollably laughing. "Ewww! You did NOT just put something in my hand that had been in the toilet! You're worse than Davis!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:33 am

I busted out in a full on booming laugh. "I sure did! Whatcha going to do about it?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:35 am

I crinkled my nose even more, giggling as I rubbed my hands all over then nasty toy, dropping it in the sink and lifting my hands to his face, rubbing it all over his face. I was cringing, but laughing at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:37 am

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!" I hissed under my breath as I laughed. "That's it! You're going in the toilet! Down the drain just like Superman!" I lifted her up, starting to put her head first in the toilet. But I stopped before she reached it, laughing loudly.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:38 am

"Damn you! Put me down, Dr. Castellano! Put me down!" I tried my best not to scream, but it was so close to coming out. I really didn't want to wake the kids because Dante and I were acting like children in here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:40 am

I set her on her feet and laughed. "Think about that next time. I might just shove your tiny self in there. You'd fit." I smirked, wiping at my face with the towel. I grabbed her hands gently and started wiping at them. "Look, all better.."
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:42 am

I smiled up at him, shaking my head. "Not quite. I'm going to have to take another shower, thanks to you and all the toilet germs!" I bit my lip, trying not to giggle too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:43 am

"Meh! Such a girl." I winked at her, knowing that's exactly what I'd be doing when I got home. "Let me close that toilet for you. That way you can go potty if needed." I leaned down. "Hand me that wrench, please."
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:45 am

I leaned down, picking up the wrench, handing it over to him. "Thank you for coming and doing this, D. I really appreciate it. I would have asked Jackson, but who knows when he'll be home from the City."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:46 am

"No problem." And I meant that. "Do you know anything about his Pops?" I asked, starting to screw the hose back up.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:48 am

"Yeah." My answer came out in barely a whisper. "Sometimes I think I know more about him than I should. His business isn't that... legit, if you know what I mean?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:50 am

I had actually meant if she knew anything about his Pops' condition but grew curious. "Not legit? Like... as in.. a criminal? Because honestly.. my father was scum.. so.. his dad can't be that bad."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inoperable... please!   Inoperable... please! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inoperable... please!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Switch-
Jump to: