Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Empty
PostSubject: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:07 am

I scrubbed at my tired eyes, taking a sip of my coffee as I sat in the booth. I had been working 12 hours straight and I was so tired I felt like passing out right here. The damn table looked comfortable. However I still had a few more patients to attend to before I could truly go home. I was lucky enough that I could drag myself away for some... lunch? I think it was lunch time. It was light on. "Turkey sandwich, cream of broccoli soup and a refill on this," I said, showing her my mug.

"That's it." I leaned my face in my hands, closing my eyes as the waitress walked away. I loved and hated my job. I mostly hated it. It took time from my family, and it was so exhausting sometimes I wasn't sure how the hell I didn't faint damn near daily.. but the money was a huge perk, as was saving lives. I guess somewhere down the road I'd have to decide what was more important. Money or my life. But for now I worked till I was ready to drop and missing my family like crazy.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:14 am

I needed to pick up some groceries and a few other necessities that we still needed, but I needed something to eat. Sometimes I forgot to eat, so I was ready to eat something. I knew I didn't have breakfast, and it was getting on close to two o'clock. I walked into the cafe, intending only to get a sandwich to go, but I saw Dante about ready to pass out in one of the booths. The hostess asked if I'd like a table and I shook my head. "My friend is here. I'll sit with him." She nodded and I walked over to slide into the booth with Dante. "Long day getting you down, D?"
Back to top Go down
https://wherewewere.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:16 am

I pulled my head back, a smile creeping across my lips when I saw Bianca. "You could say that. But it's nice to see you. So this helps." I smiled. "What are you doing all the way over here by the hospital? Everything's okay, right?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:24 am

I laughed, nodding my head. "Just out shopping. Jackie's Mustang came in on the transport today, so I thought while the kids were at school and he was working on it, I'd run out and do some errands. So I caught a cab and came down." The waitress came over and asked what I'd like. "Turkey on rye and an ice tea." The waitress nodded and left us alone again. "So, how was A's ultra sound? Still too early to tell if it's a boy or girl, right?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:26 am

I rubbed at my tired eyes again and stopped dead, my hand slowly falling down on the table. "Her what?" I thought hard, trying to remember what today was. "Tuesday. It's Tuesday... Oh God... It's Tuesday isn't it?" I let my head fall back against the booth. "Damn it, I'm scum!" I can't believe I forgot all about her appointment.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:32 am

I bit my lip, wincing slightly. "Oh, D. I'm sorry. I thought you'd gone." I felt horrible for bringing it up when he had forgotten all about it. "I bet she got a recording of it?" Wincing again, I reached across the table, taking his hand. "I know that doesn't make you feel any better. You could bring some flowers to her on your way home. Chocolates too, maybe? I know it doesn't make up for anything, but at least she knows you're sorry."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:46 am

I glanced down at her hand in mine before placing my other one over hers. "That's really great advice... but..." I sighed, "she's going to hate me. She practically begged me everyday last week not to forget and what did I do? Work a few hours and forget." I sighed. "Flowers and chocolates won't fix a boo boo this big."
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:49 am

I nodded my head softly, looking down at his hand on mine, mine on his. It was strange how close both Jackie and I felt to both A and Dante. I mean, it wasn't a bad strange. It was good. It felt good to have people in my life I could depend on. For so long it was just Jackie, but now it was A and Dante as well. "She loves you, Dante. She will forgive you. She might be hurt right now, but I know it won't be the end of the world. Trust me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:52 am

"I wanna trust you and I usually would but I know Abby and I know how she's going to feel. She's probably crying her eyes out right now." I pulled my hands from hers, rubbing at my face and holding my face there. "I really fucked this up. This one thing. It's all she asked of me."
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:56 am

"You'll get through it, Dante. Tell you something about us women?" The waitress brought our food over and left us alone again. I picked up my ice tea, looking across the table at Dante. "Thing about us, we always forgive the men love. Sooner or later, and a lot of the time, no matter how upset we are, it's usually sooner rather than later."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:59 am

I smiled slightly, looking over at her. "I hope you're right." I picked up my spoon. "Is that what happens with you? You forgive and forget easily and fast with Jackson?" I took a bite of my soup.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:06 am

"Forgive, yes," I told him after sipping some of my tea. "Forgetting, that's another story. Jackie can really fuck up at times." I blushed, looking down at my sandwich. "Sorry. I don't usually curse like that, but Jackson can be really infuriating at times."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:08 am

I chuckled. "That's okay. Don't apologize. It's cute." I winked. "And us husbands are good for that sorta thing! Just ask Abby I'm sure she's got war stories.."
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:18 am

I giggled. "She's shared a few. I've shared my own about Jackie. We've had so many girl talks about you guys, you both should be ashamed of yourselves."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:35 pm

I chuckled. "I'm very ashamed." I stared at my half eaten food. "I really should go talk to my wife... do you need a ride home?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:40 pm

I shook my head. "I still have quite a bit of shopping to do. You can go ahead and go. I'll catch a cab back home."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:42 pm

I tossed enough money down for my lunch and Bianca's as well, also some tip and leaned over to give her a hug. "Thank you for your help." I pulled back. "Seriously. I'd be unprepared if it wasn't for you." I gave her a smile and walked out the door. I crossed the street, told them I was heading home and did just that.
Back to top Go down
Bianca
Admin
Bianca

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:20 pm

I finished my sandwhich and took the rest of my tea to go and headed out to finish shopping. I was glad I could help A and Dante out. We really were family, and that's what family does, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!   Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turkey sandwich, soup and coffee!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Switch-
Jump to: