HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Need a lift

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:39 pm

I had been released earlier this morning and gone to get my car. I called Bianca and she didn't answer. I called the school, and they told me not to worry about a thing. They had someone to cover my classes through the end of the year. It was less than a week, so I didn't complain. I headed back to the hospital to check on Abby. Dante was working and Abigail was good to go home. I couldn't find Dante anywhere around the hospital, so I told Abigail I would take her home. I helped her into the wheelchair to help her out to my car. "You feeling alright, Abs?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:04 pm

"Hmm.." I shrugged my shoulders slightly. I had changed into some scrubs the nurse let me borrow and let Jackson wheel me over to the elevator. "A little I guess." Physically maybe... but mentally I wasn't even close to alright. Dante and I hadn't really told the others the baby died... but then again it wasn't like B came to visit and Jackson couldn't because he had been in the hospital just like me so I couldn't tell them anyways and I didn't exactly want to say it out loud anyways. I was told to stay longer but I just wanted to be home with my babies. I was sick of the hospital. Sick of being cooped up in the bed and staring at a white wall. I'd much rather go home and see my kids and maybe work in my garden. "How about you?" I asked, my voice feeling a little numb to me. I knew I should wait for Dante but I didn't want too. He seemed distant lately. I was sure it was because of the baby. Because he blamed himself for not following me out the door. But it wasn't his fault. It as mine. All of this was my fault. Even Jackson passing out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:59 pm

They told me they'd have my results back in a week or so. I knew if I had a stress attack, steps above panic attack and steps below a heart attack, I knew it couldn't be a good. But I took care of myself. I ate healthy. I hardly ever ate greasy foods. Why I had a heart condition was beyond me. Shrugging my shoulders, I pushed the elevator down button. "I'm alright. Nothing to worry over. They told me to rest. Drink plenty of fluids." I hated lying. In fact, I never lied, but in this instance, I was sure it was best that I did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 pm

I nodded weakly, my hand falling to my stomach before I realized what I was doing and pulled it away so I could curl my fingers in the arm rest. "I appreciate you driving me home. I didn't want to wait on Dante to come back from home..." I kept my eyes forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:14 pm

I pushed her into the elevator, looking down at her. I didn't like the way she sounded. She sounded as though someone had killed her dog, or worse. "Abby, what's wrong? You seem... I don't know. Did you and Dante have a fight, or something?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 pm

"No. I'm fine." I gave him the weakest smile I could muster. "Promise." I folded my arms over my chest, staring at my lap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Kneeling down in front of her, I lifted my hand and tucked some of her hair behind her ear. "You don't sound it, and at the risk of sounding indelicate, you don't look it, aside from being hit by a car. What is it? If you and Dante aren't fighting, what is it? Is it... is it the baby?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:30 pm

I flinched like he hit me when he said baby... my heart dropped and I lifted my chin, determined to keep it from trembling. "There is no baby." My whisper came out rough but I managed to get it out. "But I'm fine. Seriously."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 pm

I felt my heart twinge. It felt as though someone was grasping at my heart, tempting to tear it from my chest. "Abigail, I--" The door to the elevator opened and I stood, walking around to the back of the elevator again. "Abigail..." I didn't know what to say. What did you say at a time like this. Jesus, if only I'd been able to get to her. But I had been drunk off my ass, and tripped and fell on my face. I would have gladly take that car hitting me any day over it hitting Abigail. Any day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 pm

"It's okay. Promise. Don't feel sorry for me." I whispered heavily, tears burning my eyes. "I just wanna go home to my babies." I curled both my hands over my knees, rubbing slightly at the thin material. I felt so cold and it wasn't even cold outside. It could be a hundred degrees and I'd still feel cold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:58 pm

I pushed the wheelchair out of the hospital and over to the 'Stang. I unlocked the door and leaned over, lifting Abigail up into my arms and softly sitting her down on the front seat. Pulling back slightly, I looked at her. "Don't you worry about a thing. I'm going to take care of everything," I told her, tucking her hair behind her ear again, looking softly into her gorgeous almond eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:04 am

I gave him a slight smile. "Thanks." I turned my eyes forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:07 am

I hated being shut out, and right now, I felt that's what was happening. She didn't want to discuss it, so I wasn't going to push her. I kissed her forehead softly and stood out of the car. A nurse came up and said she'd take the chair back inside. I nodded, thanking her and went around to get in the driver's side. Starting the engine, I pulled out of the hospital parking lot and headed for home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a lift   

Back to top Go down

Need a lift
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1