Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For your own good

Go down 
AuthorMessage

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:19 am

I came into the house from the backyard. It was still early in the morning, so I thought I would go outside and work out. I didn't want to go for a run, not without taking Abigail with me. I had to stay close, especially after what happened last night. But when I came back inside the house, Abigail was sitting at the counter, staring off into space. I was all sticky and sweaty, but she looked like she needed someone to talk to. Bianca was still in the hospital, so she couldn't talk to her, and I was sure she wouldn't call her, to let her get her rest, so I guess it would have to be me. "My momma used to always say "Penny for your thoughts." I'd be a millionaire by now with as many times as she said it." Walking into the kitchen, I started a pot of coffee. I liked mine black. Didn't know how she took hers, but the was coffee here, so I decided to make a pot. "I can make breakfast, if you'd like?"
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:12 pm

"Huh?" I said, looking at Jackson, narrowing my eyes slightly in on him. I had been so lost in my thoughts of the night before, between B's nut reaction, because some dumbass made food with nuts in it, to Miles, my son's only friend in this world outside Tamara being dead, to waking up this morning with a dread feeling about the TV interview... when he cut straight through my thoughts and made me look at him. "I don't have any penny's to share.." I said, standing slowly, and walking over to the fridge. I pulled out a bottle of water and sat back down. "If you wanna make breakfast, go ahead. I'm not hungry." Was I actually just nice to the guy? Go figure.
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:32 pm

I pulled a pan out and put it on the burner. "We all need to eat, Abigail." I walked over to the fridge to take the eggs out. "And after everything that's going on, I'm sure you've probably got a couple hundred pennies to share."
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:35 pm

"I'm not hungry and I ain't got any pennies. So stop bugging. You're an employee. Not my friend." I took a sip of my water and sighed. "I guess I'm just worried about B. And Dante... and my son when he gets home and finds out Miles is dead.. and Tammy... and... this interview... I'm just worried." I shrugged.
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:39 pm

I turned my head aback to look at her, giving her a short smile. "You know, when I was in Afghanistan, there wasn't anything I wouldn't have done to come home safely. Binx wrote me while I was out there. She told me how much of an amazing mother you are. How dedicated you are to your son and your career. But I want you to know, while I'm here, you don't have a thing to be worried about. I will not let anything happen to you or your son while I'm around."
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:03 pm

"So I've heard." I had to smile slightly at the way B described me. She always thought so much of me, when I didn't deserve it. "Was it scary there...?" I was referring to his time in Afghanistan of course. But, I'm sure he knew that.
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:19 pm

I inhaled deeply, turning back over the pan. "It had its moments. They say it's best to talk about it, but I really wouldn't want anyone to have to listen to all the horrible details. That's what the VA shrinks are for."
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm

"Yeah..." I stood up. "I'm going to go work out, shower and get ready for the show. Meet you down here in an hour to go?" I asked.
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:12 pm

"Where do you think we're going?" I asked, turning toward her.
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:52 pm

"Ummm my tv interview. I've said it like ten times since last night..."
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 4:59 pm

"No, you're not going. Sorry. I would have had Bianca cancel it, but you're definitely not going." I told her as though there was no other option. There was no way she was going to go galavanting off as though there wasn't someone out there crazily obsessed with her.
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:05 pm

"You made me cancel my concert, two nights in a row, might I add, and now you're making me cancel my tv interview?" I laughed. "Yeah, not happening. Meet you down here in an hour or not, your choice. But I'm going." I turned and left for the gym in my basement.
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:09 pm

I turned off the burner and followed after her. "Do you NOT understand the seriousness of what's going on here, Abigail? Someone is AFTER you. Was what happened to the fluffy bunny rabbit not enough of a warning for you? OR do you think this is all fun and games? Huh?"
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:19 pm

I turned and shoved him so hard that I fell against him when he didn't fall. "I know the seriousness! Don't you dare bring up Miles, asshole!" I pulled away. "I know how bad this is but I can't hide and wait, I have to live my God damn life! That includes damn interviews! So you do your God damn job and make it safe for me instead of hiding me away like a creature!"
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:24 pm

"I'm trying to protect you! But if you can't see that, and you want to run straight into the bullet, be my guest!" I held onto her arms, looking down into her eyes. She really didn't understand. She still wanted to be careless. The bunny was an attack, closer to home than the bomb in her dressing room. It wouldn't have killed her. They hadn't used near enough power. It would have knocked her out, sure, but it wouldn't have killed her. I knew my explosives, having trained with them thoroughly in Afghanistan. But the bunny was more personal. It was her son's pet. Why couldn't she see how close this person was and not be afraid? Why didn't she see the precautions we had to take?
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:28 pm

I felt tears burn my eyes before I pulled away and ran down the basement steps. I went into the gym and sat down on a bench to cry. I knew how bad this was, and I was scared. For me, for my son, for my family. But I had a career to think of, I had to stop living in the fear. He didn't understand that. Of course not! He's a man!
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:31 pm

I closed my eyes, my hands gripping tightly at my side. She was so frustrating. Alright. So we'll play this her way. She wanted to see just how bad it was going to get, I'd let her see. I wasn't going to take my eye off her, not for one second. If she thought I was annoying before, she was sure as hell going to see just how annoying I could be. I went back to the kitchen and started to clean up. I didn't have an appetite, and I knew she wasn't going to eat. I poured myself a cup of coffee and went to shower.
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:01 pm

After working out for a bit, showering and changing into a slimming black fit dress, and getting my hair and makeup done, I headed down to Jackson. "We going?" I asked, my lip shaking as I took in a sharp breath. "Or do I go alone?"
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:05 pm

I slid my cell phone into my pocket and shook my head. "No chance you're going anywhere on your own. Let's go sweetheart." I stepped forward, taking her elbow in my hand and leading her to the garage.
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:21 pm

I rolled my eyes, pushing his hand away. I let him check the car before we both got in and left for the studio.
Back to top Go down

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:21 am

We rode to the studio in silence. She didn't want to talk and I wasn't one who readily offered conversation most often. When we got there, I asked the parking attendant where we could enter the studio inconspicuously. He directed us to the service entrance, and I thanked him, pulling around that way. We got out of the car and I surveyed the area before heading to the door with her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For your own good Empty
PostSubject: Re: For your own good   For your own good Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For your own good
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Superstars-
Jump to: