Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

taking care of Little One

Go down 
AuthorMessage

taking care of Little One Empty
PostSubject: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:07 pm

I wanted to be with Abigail, but she hadn't been returning my calls. I decided I needed to focus my attention on Carly. I loved her, it was a different kind of love than I had for Abigail, but I did love her. She was carrying my baby, but that wasn't why I loved her, it just made me want to take care of her more. I finished cooking dinner, spaghetti and garlic bread before setting the table and walking over to the couch, leaning over it.

"Hungry, Little One? Just finished dinner. I hope you like it."

Kyle was over at Pops tonight. It was just Carly and me, and I was doing my best to make sure she took it easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:06 pm

I glanced up from my spot on the couch and smiled at Jackson. "How'd you know? I'm starving. And of course I'll like it!" I shoved myself up off the couch, tossing the blanket aside and taking Jackson's hand, kissing it as we walked toward the kitchen. "It smells like.. spaghetti.. am I right?" I saw I was and smiled. "A nose of a bloodhound. At least." I grinned, leaning up and giving him a kiss before going over and taking a seat at the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 pm

"Yes, you do!" I laughed. "You do."

I kissed the top of her head and helped her slide her chair as close to the table as I could with her stomach there.

"Would you like some milk, Little One?"

I picked the gallon up off the table, offering it to her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 pm

"Please," I said smiling at Jackson. This felt domesticated. Right. Who knew I was meant for a life like THIS. But here I was. I watched him pour it and took a long sip before setting it down. "You know before I got pregnant I hated milk. Like HATED it. But.. yet.. your kid.." I joked, touching my stomach. "Just loves it!" I laughed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 pm

I laughed, out loud, almost spilling the milk as I poured it into her glass. I couldn't help it. My kid was my kid and my kid loved milk, that was for sure.

"Yes, he does."

Uh-oh, I said the H word. Here we go again! I smiled and sat down across from her, pouring myself a glass of milk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 pm

I glared playfully as I picked up my fork. "You mean yes SHE does." I grinned, taking a bite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:24 pm

I nodded, setting the milk down.

"Ahuh, that's exactly what I mean. My boy knows what's good for him and his momma."

I winked across the table at her and started to dish out her spaghetti.

"Sauce and cheese, baby momma?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:49 am

I rolled my eyes, laughing. "You are going to eat your words in a few months when a girl pops out.." I nodded. "Yes please." I looked around. "House feels empty without Kyle.." I said, glancing back at Jackson as I bit into my bread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:55 am

I prepared her spaghetti, nodding.

"If I kept him from spending time with his grandpops, he'd never forgive me. Besides, it gives us time to spend alone together."

I gave her a bright smile.

"Sappy romcom after dinner?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 am

"Sounds good. But I was thinking more about.." I slid my foot up against his crotch smirking. "But a movie can do just as good." I smiled, taking a bite of my bread again as I pulled my foot back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:31 pm

I hated this. I loved her, I did. She was having my baby. I was doing my best to commit to her, but not thinking about Abigail when it came to sex was next to impossible. Carly deserved all of my love and attention. Abigail and Cavallari were getting married. They'd made it painfully clear. I knew Abigail was letting that limp noodle fuck her brains out every night. They were before we found out about them, I knew especially now they wouldn't stop.

Leaning over, I gave Carly the best smoldering look I could give her.

"Maybe we can skip the movie."

Sitting back, I started to fix my plate, but I had to shift in my seat.

"Dammit, I don't think I'm going to be able to eat now."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:22 am

"Hmmm.." I stood up, pushing his chair back and sliding on his lap as much as I could, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I think you could eat something don't you?" I whispered, kissing his ear, and wondering if this would work.. because last time we tried.. it.. well, didn't. And I wasn't sure if I was up to that sort of embarrassment again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:06 am

My hands rested on her hips. I was hard. I felt ... bad that I was hard, betraying Abigail. But Abigail had made her choice. She was marrying that goomba. Even after everything that had happened in Hawaii, she still refused to even talk to me. I didn't want to be without her, but here was Carly, the mother of my child, sitting on my lap almost begging me to make love to her. She needed it. She needed me.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I let my head drop. I should just ignore it, but maybe this was a sign.

"I gotta..."

Sighing, I lifted her off my lap, sitting her back in her chair and kissing the top of her head.

"Be right back."

I hurried over to the door and opened it to Kyle coughing in my face as he jumped from Pops' arms into my own.

"What's this?"

"He's been miserable all night. I said he was fine and that we could take care of him, but your momma insisted I bring him back to his pops." He leaned in, waving at Carly. "Hey, baby girl. How you doing, sweetheart?"

I let him step in as I shut the door and he walked over to talk to Carly.

"Not feeling well, buddy?"

I asked. He shook his head as I tried to feel for a temperature. He didn't have one.

"I just made spaghetti. Want some?"

He nodded, and I came over to the table where Pops was talking about momma's pregnancy with me to Carly.

"Pops, seriously?"

I sat down with Kyle on my lap and Pops continued.

"She craved pickles and chocolate ice cream. Guess that's why Jackie boy doesn't really like all of that stuff."

I couldn't help but laugh with him. You just had to laugh with the man sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:18 am

I sighed heavily as he set me down. He could've made the choice to ignore it! To stay with me! To make... we were never going to do that. He was never going to let go of Abigail and I was fooling myself. I was.. I stopped thinking and smiled brightly when I heard pops and Kyle. "Hi, I'm great! Thanks!" I lied, watching Kyle, Pops and Jackson walk back in. "I'm craving loads of Italian food. But outside that nothing crazy.. although pickles does sound yummy, don't you think Kyle?" He giggled and shook his head no. "Well, more for me." I laughed, trying not to show my disappointment, especially with me realizing what I had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 am

I knew Carly was disappointed. But I was actually grateful in a way that Kyle was home. I didn't have to tell her no again. But now I felt bad for being relieved, even if I wasn't feeling guilty for the thought of cheating on Abigail. I knew I wasn't, but in my heart, I always would feel that way.

"Thanks for bringing the little guy back, Pops. We'll make sure he's feeling better."

Pops nodded, telling us all goodnight before leaving us alone. Kyle didn't feel much like eating, but he didn't want to get off my lap either, so I held him and ate as he wearily told me about his day at grandpops. He had fun, but he felt like crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:09 am

I just sat there in silence, listening to Kyle, every once in awhile chiming in with a thought or two, and a smile, and ate. When I was done, I gave Kyle a kiss and told him to go ahead with his Pops and get ready for bed. I washed the dishes off in silence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 4:27 am

I came back out of Kyle's room to find Carly at the sink. Sighing, I shook my head, walking over to her. I wrapped my arms around her from behind.

"I'm sorry, Little One. Kyle's asleep now..."

Was I just saying what I think I was saying? I tried to tell myself that Abigail was with Cavallari, probably sucking his moldy noodle right now. I kissed the side of her neck, trying to put that image out of my head.

"Want to go to bed?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 5:06 am

I closed my eyes as he wrapped his arms around me. "Don't be sorry. I'm glad Kyle came home." I turned and leaned up kissing his cheek before pulling away. "Actually I think I'm going to head back to my place. It's been a few days since I stepped foot in it and I wanna make sure it's still standing. And gotta get some chores there done. So I'll just catch a cab and see you tomorrow?" I asked, grabbing my coat out of the closet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:01 am

I ran over to her, taking her hands and holding them gently in mine.

"Come on, Little One. Just because Kyle's here doesn't mean we can't have a night like we planned. We just have to be a little quieter and a bit more responsible."

I did act a little more responsibly when my son was around, not much, but a bit. He needed a father even if I was his best friend.

"Come on, Carly. Stay, please."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 5:08 am

"I'm not leaving because of Kyle, Jackson. I'm leaving because we're fooling ourselves. Neither of us want this.. I tried.. and you tried... and it's just a waste of time. I mean, you were relieved to not have sex with me.. and don't act like you weren't. You forget I know you. You're my best friend, Jackson... I know you. And I saw Abby on your mind all night. And truth be told part of me can't forget Jeff either. So just let me go.. we need to stop pretending that we can be more than friends.. and parents. Okay? So just let go.." I pulled my hands away and tied my jacket shut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:05 pm

I didn't hate her knowing me so well, but I did hate hurting her.

"It's not that I didn't want to. Heaven knows both of us need this. We need to find a way to make this work, to make us work. I love you. You love me. Yes, it's not what either of us have ever planned, but we love each other. We're best friends. We should be able to make his work. I don't want to hurt you because I can't do what I know is best. We deserve to be happy, Carly. But you're right, you should be with Cavs, and I should be with Abigail. It's just how things are supposed to be, despite how they've burned us. We love them and we'll always be in love with them. We just have to make them see that."

Then it hit me...

"Maybe if we worked together to get them back, Little One. Maybe we can actually have what we both want."

This was what I was good at. Scheming to get things I want, to get things that I know should be. There was no limit to what I would do to get it. It's true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 pm

My smile turned to a smirk. "You've never been smarter best friend!" I kissed his cheeks over and over before pulling back. "Now what's your first plan?" It hurt me somewhat that Jackson and I couldn't be together, for our baby's sake, but deep down we both knew we wanted to different things. Different people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 pm

I was glad that she liked the idea. Abigail didn't usually like it when I had my scheming ideas, but Carly was ready and she wanted to be involved. She and I both knew what we wanted, and if we were working together to get it, then we were sure to succeed. Taking her hand and her jacket from her, tossing it on the back of the couch before helping her sit on the couch and sitting beside her.

"We do our best to run into them everywhere they to, whether it's them together or alone. I will..."

I inhaled deeply. I couldn't believe I was suggesting this, as much as I hated him now, but if my plan was to work, I had to be his friend again.

"...call Jeff and see if we can't be friends again. That way I'll know more about what he's doing now and maybe you could do the same with Abigail. Then we'll share our information with each other and we can actually be able to bump into them alone. Over and over again. You like?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 am

I hugged Jackson's neck before pulling back. "You genius.. we start tomorrow," I held my pinkie out. "And we don't tell a single soul. EVER. Ok?" I grinned. Sure this would be hard but I wanted Jeff and life without him was harder than being friends with my cousin again and lying a little to Jeff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 12:25 am

I shook my head, laughing a little at her "pinkie swear" we always had to do when we made promises to each other. Oh well. It was her thing, and I didn't mind doing it with her. Dante would think I was a complete pussy for doing it, but he could eat it for all I cared. Carly was my friend, and I did it for her.

"Not a single soul! Not ever! Now, what do you say? Stay the night? We can talk more about it if you want, or we can just relax here on the couch, or in bed. Up to you. Maybe watch a movie. Anything you want. You just don't have to go. Please."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: taking care of Little One   taking care of Little One Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

taking care of Little One
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reunion-
Jump to: