HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Happy Family: Only Just a Dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bianca P
Admin

PostSubject: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:30 pm

I was in the kitchen cooking dinner. Dante was the better cook than me, but I wanted to have dinner ready for him by the time he got home from the stadium. He always put in a long day down there, and I just wanted to have a good meal for him when he got home. Tammy was out back playing with the next door neighbor's daughter, but I told her she needed to come in as soon as her daddy got home. I was making his favorite because I had something special to tell him. I got out a bottle of sparkling cider so we could celebrate and also so Tammy could celebrate with us. I hoped Dante would be excited with this news I had to tell him. I hoped Tammy would be too. We were happy, and I hoped that this wouldn't change any of that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wherewewere.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:51 pm

I pulled up, parking my SUV and hopping out. I shut the door with my foot, carrying the cake I had picked up at the local grocer. I figured since Bianca had slaved over a hot stove for God know's how long I could at least bring home dessert. I heard giggles from in the backyard and stopped in front of my car. "Hey, Tams, I'm home!" I yelled for her, she let out a loud, "Dadddddyyyyy!" before I saw a mesh of dark hair peeking out of the fence. "I'll be right inside!" I smiled. "Good! Hurry! I'm starving." She laughed before turning around and running back toward the back of the house where I could hear her friend talking. I walked inside, setting the cake down on the kitchen table and wrapping my arms around Bianca from behind. "Mmm you smell like pasta.." I whispered, kissing her neck. "I missed my girls." I said, hugging her tighter to me. "Did you have a good day?"
Back to top Go down
Bianca P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:56 pm

I smiled, hugging his arms around me and pulling him more around me. "I had a very good day. But I'll tell you everything as soon as Tammy gets in." I turned in his arms, placing a soft kiss on his lips, hearing Tammy come in through the laundry room. "Wash your hands, bambina," I called out to her smiling up at Dante. "Si, Mama. I am." I smiled, looking over at the cake. "That looks good. German chocolate?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:35 pm

"Always. The best kind they've got." I said, smiling at her. Tammy ran in after kicking her shoes off and jumped up into my arms. I hugged her tight, kissing her cheeks, laughing at the wet prints her hands left on my shirt. "Did you have a nice day?" I asked Tammy, setting her down in her seat. She told me she did, even telling me all about a boy at school who kept telling her he loved her. "Well, how couldn't he?" I asked, sitting in my chair. "You're perfect. Of course he loves you but you tell him to keep his lips away from you, you're too young for that and I'll cut them off if they come near ya!" She giggled. "Daddy, that's grossssssssss! I'm only ten! We don't do that at ten!" I laughed, looking at Bianca. "So, what exactly did you need to tell me.. or going to leave me in suspense while I go off and find fishy lips boy?" I laughed. "Daddy!" Tammy laughed out as she placed her napkin in her lap.
Back to top Go down
Bianca P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:49 pm

I picked up Tammy's glass first, filling it with some cider, before picking up Dante's glass. "I will tell you. You can leave fish lips alone," I winked over at Tammy, smiling back at Dante, picking up my own glass. Usually when we celebrated, we'd have a red, but I couldn't, not this time. After pouring my glass, I sat the bottle down and sat down in my seat. "I had a doctor's appointment today. I've kinda been putting it off for a while, because I wasn't sure, but after more than a few months, I was sure that it was what I was thinking it was." I was sure I was confusing both of them, so I swallowed softly, looking over at Tammy before focusing on Dante. "I'm pregnant."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:15 pm

"Pregnant?" I asked, my eyes sparkling as a small smile grew. "Yes, daddy, she said pregnant! That means a baby, right?" I nodded, standing quickly, leaning down and tugging her from her seat. "This is incredible news! Yes, Tammy! This means you'll have a brother or sister." I kissed Bianca deeply. "I thought the day we got married was my happiest day ever.. but this.. having my wife.. my daughter.. and now.." I put my hand over her stomach. "this baby, this is the happiest day of my life!!!" I smiled brightly, kissing her again before picking up Tammy who had came over to us. I hugged them both tightly.
Back to top Go down
Bianca P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 pm

I hugged both of them, looking down at Tammy as she looked up at us. "When? When will the baby be born?" I ran my fingers through her hair and smiled up at Dante, answering her question, "Doctor said my due date is November 22." Looking back down at Tammy, I kissed the top of her head. "You'll be a big sister in a little over six months." Looking back up at Dante, I hoped he wasn't upset with me for keeping it from him for almost three months. I was so afraid I was just off schedule and I'd missed them, but I really had missed them. I was a little more than a week away from being in my second trimester. I wouldn't have kept it from him forever. I had learned my lesson with Tammy and almost lost him. I wanted to tell him as soon as I was sure, and going to the doctor today, I found out for sure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:28 pm

I set Tammy on the chair next to us, letting her stand there. "That's perfect. Six months and I'll be a daddy.." Tammy gasped. "Hey! What about me? Am I chopped liver?" I laughed. "Of course not you didn't let me finish.. I'll be a daddy, again!" She laughed. "Yeah right." I gave her kiss a cheek before turning to Lily. "I love you.. thank you making me the happiest man on planet earth." I kissed her softly, holding her face in my hands when i felt something sticky. I pulled my hand back, looking at my hand. "Is that blood?" I asked, looking over at Tammy. She wasn't there anymore. She had run off. I turned my eyes back to my hand. "Are you bleeding?" I asked, shaking my head when Tammy showed up next to me again and narrowed her eyes on me. My hand wasn't bloody anymore. "Never mind.. we should eat.. feed that baby." I said, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Bianca P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:32 pm

I had seen the same thing Dante had and in the same instance it was gone. I felt a sharp pain in my head during that brief moment. Something didn't feel right in that moment. Something didn't feel right at all. But in the next moment, his hand was clean and everything was fine. "Dante... I'm worried..." I told him silently. "I'm scared," I was barely able to whisper. I didn't want to scare Tammy, but I couldn't hide how I was feeling.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:43 pm

"Don't be scared.." I told her. "We're just both tired. It's been a long day." I kissed her forehead. "Let's just enjoy our dinner." I helped her sit, making Tammy sit in her seat and sat myself. I heard a loud pop and turned to see a man standing near the doorway with a gun, he vanished as fast as he came. I turned my eyes quickly to my family. Tammy was fine, happily munching on her dinner. Bianca however grew white.. pale as a ghost before going back to normal. "God, I'm losing it.." I said, slightly under my breath as I picked up my fork. I was so happy.. yet.. here I was losing my damn mind. I reached over taking Bianca's hand and kissing the top of it. "I love you, Lily."
Back to top Go down
Bianca P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 pm

"I love you..." My voice trailed off and I looked up at him, questioning... "Lily?" But before he could answer, I looked around to see us standing around a grave site. We were in a Cemetery. Dante was holding Tammy in his arms. A and C were standing on either side of them, Freddie had his arms around C and Jackie had his arms around A. I looked around and saw that I was standing on the other side of the casket from them. It was a light purple casket with lilies cascading the top of it. "Bianca Castellano's life was cut short, but she always lived her life to the fullest..." My eyes snapped up to the woman talking, my eyes wide with fear. I looked over to Dante, shaking my head. "No... NO!" I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around him, but he didn't even move. "Dante! I'm not dead! I'm NOT DEAD!" I looked up at Tammy, tears falling from my eyes. "Tammy, bambina, tell me you hear your mama! Parlarle con me, Bambina! Dire che me senti!" I pleaded with her, but her head remained on her daddy's shoulder, crying there as he held her. "Dante, please! I'm not dead! I'M NOT DEAD!!!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 pm

I watched as they lowered her coffin, my heart tearing in my chest. We were happy. We were going to have our baby.. our life was perfect. We were getting another baby.. a child.. and we were finally married. I heard something, my eyes turned and I swore I saw an angel of white mixed in the sea of black, bobbing back and forth, her mouth moving. "Lily.." I whispered. Tammy's head lifted up. "Daddy?" I hugged her tight. "It's okay, princess." I whispered, rubbing her back. I turned my eyes back to white.. watching it intently as it moved only for it to disappear. My eyes searched for it.. but it was gone. I closed my eyes tight, hugging my daughter tight. I'd never be the same without her. Tears rolled down my cheeks as they said the last words for my Lily.
Back to top Go down
Bianca P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:06 pm

I gasped, falling down to the ground, trying to grab the table, but it slipped from my gasp. Tammy wasn't sitting in her seat any longer. I was laying on the ground, my head hurt and I was screaming up to Dante. "Dante! Help me! Help me!" I reached out for him. "He shot me, Dante! He shot me. I'm going to die. I'm going to die!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:11 pm

I snapped forward, my chest hurting as I leaned down to Bianca, my arms lifting her and cradling her against my chest. "No, you're not.. you aren't dying.. I promise!" I held her head. "Just close your eyes.. you'll be okay.. you might forget things.. you might forget me but I'll never let you go.. I promise. I'm going to hold you like this forever.. you won't die. I'm bringing you back to me!"
Back to top Go down
Bianca P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:16 pm

I cried, my eyes becoming harder and harder to keep open. "I'll never forget you, Dante! Never..." Tears were falling from my eyes and talking was becoming more and more difficult. "I could never. Not after everything..." I tried to open my eyes, but it was getting to be more and more difficult. But then I was screaming out, in another type of pain. I was in a hospital bed, Dante wasn't holding me anymore but only holding my hand. "Ok, Bianca, you can push now. Push!" I was exhausted, but I had to push. Our baby was being born and I had to push to bring him into this world. I looked up to Dante, exhausted. "I can't do this, mi re, I can't..."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 pm

I smiled brightly. "You can do it. Just one big push, beautiful." I whispered, kissing her forehead. "You lasted this long.. bring our boy into the world." I helped her sit up some. "Just one big giant push, Lily. Just one." I felt tears burn at my eyes but they weren't the kind that should be there.. they were tears of pain.. especially when I saw the blood pooling around my feet. Blood from my Lily.
Back to top Go down
Bianca P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:23 pm

"Dante... I need to tell you..." I said as we sat on the bed, holding our son. "I need to tell you..." But I couldn't remember what I needed to tell him. "I can't remember, Dante... I can't..." I looked down at our son in my arms replaced by Tammy when she was a baby. "This isn't right, Dante... You weren't here. You should have been. Dante, I'm sorry... I... Dante..."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 pm

"Don't be sorry.." I said, hugging her. "I'm here now. That's all that matters. Just me and you and this moment." I kissed her forehead. "I'm going to go so you can rest." I picked up Tammy, who wasn't little anymore. "Bye, mama! Sleep well!" I smiled. "Bye, Bianca. Love you." We walked out, leaving Bianca in the black room alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Family: Only Just a Dream   

Back to top Go down

Happy Family: Only Just a Dream
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1